- Background to the assignment
The National Union of Disability Organizations of Rwanda (NUDOR)is a civil society organization established in 2010 by eight national organizations of persons with disabilities. Currently NUDOR has 13 member organizations which are National organizations of Persons with Disabilities.
Together NUDOR and its thirteen members are working so that persons with disabilities can enjoy the equal rights to which they are entitled.
However, resources and financial capacity management are still challenging NUDOR organizations in the struggle to achieve their goal.
To do this, the Disability Rights Advocacy Fund (“DRAF”) has approved a grant to National Union of Disabilities Organizations of Rwanda.
The description of the project in this year is to advance implementation of the CRPD Committee’s Concluding Observations for Rwanda as well as realization of the Government’s GDS18 commitments, in line with CPRD Article 33 (National implementation and monitoring).
Additionally, DPO Strengthening funds aligned with this project will support NUDOR to build the financial management capacity of emergent DPOs, especially those representing marginalized groups. It is in this regard that NUDOR would like to recruit an experienced financial management consultant that will provide individualized post-training support for identified capacity gaps that represent those organizations.
2. Objectives of the assignment
2.1. Overall Objective
The overall of the assignment is to build the financial management capacity of emergent DPOs, especially those representing marginalized groups such as:
- NOUSPR (National Organization of Users and survivors of Psychiatry of Rwanda)
- FDPO (First People Disability Organization)
- RNADW (Rwanda National Association of Deaf Women)
- ROPDB (Rwanda Organization of Persons with Deaf Blind)
- Collectif Tubakunde
- ISDO (Initiative for Social Development)
- OIPPA (Organization for Integration and Promotion of persons with Albinism)
- ROPPD-WU (Rwanda Organization for Persons with Physical Disability and wheelchair Users)
- ROPCP (Rwanda Organization of Person with Cerebral palsy)
2.2. Specific Objectives
- To identified financial management capacity gaps of selected DPOs to be empowered
- To provide individualized post-training support responding to the identified gaps
- To provide instruments needed by DPOS to improve their financial management system
- To engage DPOs into the creation /use of the instruments deemed useful.
3. Expected result and key deliverables
The result of the assignment will be as follow:
- Financial management gaps of selected DPOs will be known through the assessment done by the consultant and the project team.
- Selected DPOS will be empowered according to the financial management gaps from the assessment.
- Internal policies to improve their financial management system will be identified and delivered
- DPOs will be familiarize with the policies deemed useful
The timescale for deliverables is as follows:
- Inception report detailing the methodology, technics and timeframe to conduct the assignment will be provided before the payment of the first installment
- A draft report describing the financial management gaps found and recommendations to address them within 30 days calendar of contract signing
- Validation workshops to agree on the assessment findings and recommendations 35 days calendar of contract signing
- A final report incorporating feedback from the validation meeting within 40 days calendar of contract signing
- Timetable and methodology to straighten DPOs to address the gaps found
- Provision of trainings/ workshops to strengthen assessed DPOs;
- Provision of internal policies deemed useful
4.Participants to the capacity building trainings
Each organization will be represented by 3 persons:
- The chair person /the vice chair
- The treasurer of the organization
- The staff in charge of Financial Management (the Executive Secretary or the accountant)
5. Scope of the assignment
The consultant will conduct the assignment within the selected DPOs
The assignment is expected to be completed within 40 calendar days from the signing of contract.
The Consultant will work under supervision of the NUDOR Project Manager with technical support from NUDOR secretariat.
The following tasks are assigned to the consultant:
- Submit an inception report detailing the methodology and timeframe to conduct the assessment with necessary tools to be used for data collection;
- Develop the tools to be used to collect information as required;
- Visit and assess selected DPOs one by one
- Gather the required information as needed by accessing relevant documents and engaging with relevant stakeholders;
- Analyse collected information and produce an assessment report responding to the specific objectives;
- Prepare the draft assessment report;
- Provide regular updates to the NUDOR Project Manager and project team for feedback and guidance;
- Present the initial findings to the NUDOR project team;
- Present the final draft report to stakeholders for validation;
- Finalize the assessment report by integrating recommendations and coaching timeline to address the gaps found
- Submit final report to NUDOR.
- Transport facilitation for participants to all sessions and related accommodation will be paid by NUDOR.
7.Requirements for submission of proposal.
The consultant may be an institution/firm or an independent/individual person
The consultant(s) shall have:
- Having a post graduate degree in financial management or related field
- Extensive experience in financial management coaching. A background in disability movement is an advantage; specific experience of working on issues facing people with disabilities would be ideal.
- Understanding and appreciation of the rights of persons with disability as a social issue.
- Strong interpersonal, writing, presentation, and organizational skills are required.
- Ability to communicate technical information to a non-technical audience is critical.
- Ability to work as a team member and collaborate with others.
- Proficiency in English; Kinyarwanda would be an advantage.
8. Application process
- Interested consultants should submit the following in a sealed envelope with the title «Consultancy to enlist an experienced financial management consultant to provide individualized post-training support for identified capacity gaps».
- Technical proposal describing how the consultant intends to undertake this assignment in a sealed envelope with the title of the assignment.
- The Bidder shall identify, in summary format, the names, education, experience and professional qualifications of the individuals/or firm’s individuals proposed for carrying out this assignment ;
- Copy of degrees for the consultant (s) (not necessarily notified)
- A Financial proposal that explains the costs of the assignment: The Bidder must propose realistic and reasonable costs for the work, in accordance with the Bidder’s technical approach
Because of Government measures to fight against COVID-19 pandemic, applications should be submitted in electronic copies (Online) on NUDOR official Email: firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 01st June 2021 at 2:00PM. Late bids will not be considered.
Done at Kigali on 07/05/2021
NSENGIYUMVA Jean Damascène