POSITION TITLE: “EDUCATION PROJECT MANAGER”
The National Union of Disability Organizations in Rwanda (NUDOR) exists to strengthen the voice of the disability movement in Rwanda. NUDOR, together with its member Organizations, would like to ensure that persons with disabilities can enjoy equal rights in education to which they are entitled.
NUDOR’s vision is a society where people with disability enjoy the same human rights and opportunities as other citizens. Its mission is to serve as a platform for organizations of People with Disabilities, to share their experience, to express their views and to support them in strengthening their capacities and achievements.
One of NUDOR’s way to persue equal rights to education for children with disabilities, is to inspire breakthroughs in the implementation of inclusive education in the schools of Rwanda.
Since 2016, in collaboration with Disabled People’s Organisation Denmark and Danish Guides and Scouts Aid Association, NUDOR is implementing a project titled “Education for All”. In this project, Advocacy around rights to education at all levels is important for the success of the project. It is therefore deemed necessary to identify and hire a skilled and committed persons to coordinate all NUDOR’s Education programmes and lead all advocacy actions related to education, to ensure that children with disabilities get quality education, without any kind of barriers or discrimination.
The main role of the Education Project Manager is to lead and manage educational technical coordination, integration and implementation of all education projects of NUDOR – with a main focus on advocacy towards inclusive education.
The post holder will primarily be responsible for managing the coordination and advocacy campaigns around the education projects and for the reporting hereof in accordance with the projects expected outputs and outcomes, besides ensuring alignment with NUDOR’s strategic plans and approach towards inclusive education.
The Project Manager will oversee the coordination and administration of all aspects of NUDOR’s ongoing inclusive education program including planning, organizing and documenting program activities with emphasis on advocacy and networking with relevant stakeholders.
- General Duties and Responsibilities (50%)
- The Project manager will have the main following responsibilities but a strong voice to advocate and influence in education is essential.
- enables collective member organisations’ advocacy by fostering strategic and timely communication of information and analysis related to the context of education and operational inclusive educational issues;
- facilitating policies and context discussions amongst the broader stakeholders; producing discussion points and briefs to underpin regular advocacy by member organisations with key stakeholders, including both national and local actors,
- Enable effective and consistent communication and engagement with key stakeholders, including central and local authorities, civil society organisationand international organisations and other key groups through timely production of discussion points and briefs (for collective advocacy campaigns with member organisaions and other CS-stakeholders );
- Establish effective linkages with national advocacy and civil society platforms according to priorities;
- Liaise with external advocacy partners, such as NGO forums as well as in joint NGO advocacy efforts as appropriate;
- Advocacy Working Group
- Coordinate and strengthen the steering committee around education and, ensuring an effective working group and timely production of quality advocacy and influencing materials/products;
- Maintain Advocacy Working Group online space as a resource for NUDOR members and partners/stakeholders;
The person in question should also be responsible for producing news; articles, information and communication materials for the EFA project to be used for information and advocacy purposes.
- Specific Duties and Responsibilities
The Project Manager performs a wide range of duties including:
- Plan and organize the program(40%)
- Plan the delivery of the overall program and its activities in accordance with the mission and the goals of the organization.
- Develop new initiatives to implement the advocacy strategy in line with the programme.
- Develop an annual budget and operational plan to implement the program.
- Develop a program evaluation framework to assess the strengths of the program and to identify areas for improvement.
- To participate in development of funding proposals for the program to ensure the continuous delivery of services.
- Ensure that program activities operate within the policies and procedures of the organization.
- Ensure that program activities comply with all relevant legislation and professional standards.
- Oversee the collection and maintenance of records on the clients of the program for statistical purposes according to the confidentiality of the organization.
- Support colleagues within the disability movement working with education locally and centrally.
- Manage Staff of the program(10%)
- Implement the human resources policies, procedures and practices of the organization
- Establish and implement a performance management process for program staff
- Engage volunteers for appropriate program activities using established volunteer management practices
- Managing Volunteers for a description of the related duties and responsibilities.
- Ensure that all program staff receive an appropriate orientation to the organization and the programs
- Liaise with other managers to ensure the effective and efficient program delivery
- Coordinate the delivery of services among different program activities to increase effectiveness and efficiency
- Minimum Qualifications, Knowledge and Experience
- Advanced University degree in a relevant field (preferable in education and/or advocacy);
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience in education, policy, advocacy or communications, as well as coordination and leading of working groups, is required;
- Strong communications, inter-personal, facilitation and coordination skills are required;
- Ability to coordinate multiple projects at the same time;
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal, and strong writing and editing skills are required;;
NUDOR is an equal opportunity employer. Qualifies women and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply. Only shortlisted applicants will be notified for interview.
Qualified Candidates should submit a motivation letter + CV and other supporting documents in English to: NUDOR Office located in Gasabo District, Kimihurura Sector, KG625 ST7, not later than 14th May 2018 at 1PM. The application has to be addressed to the Executive Secretary of NUDOR.
NSENGIYUMVA Jean Damascene
NUDOR Executive Secretary
Warning: file_get_contents(https://plusone.google.com/_/+1/fastbutton?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.nudor.org%2Fjob-advert-on-education-project-manager%2F): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.0 404 Not Found in /home/nudowkzp/public_html/wp-content/themes/goodnews5/framework/functions/posts_share.php on line 151