Improving the capacity and quality of P&O sector in Rwanda project
Based: NUDOR office Kigali
Project duration: 5 years, full time position
Line manager: Community Based Rehabilitation Programme Coordinator
Start date: soon as possible
PURPOSE AND PROJECT BACKGROUND
The job holder overall mission is to ensure effective and efficient implementation, monitoring, evaluation and reporting of “Improving the capacity and quality of P&O sector in Rwanda” project. This project 5-year is coordinated by the National Union of Disability Organizations of Rwanda (NUDOR), funded by the Liliane Foundation and implemented by NUDOR, HVP Gatagara, University of Rwanda, the Liliane Foundation and LIVIT. The main focus of the project is on strengthening the P&O sector in Rwanda and will work according to a twin-track approach focussing on national and local level.
On national level the focus will be, together with other stakeholders, working on the technical capacity building of P&O professionals and working with government and other stakeholders towards meeting the WHO Rehabilitation 2030 call for action. Lobby activities aimed at government and insurances as well as increasing suppliers should strengthen and make the P&O sector in Rwanda more professional and sustainable.
On a local level the project will support the PO HVP Gatagara with ensuring the quality of their services provision and increase of production. Working on both levels should increase the access to and number of qualitative P&O devices used by people with disabilities making them more independent and able to participate in society.
Under the Direct supervision of Community Based Rehabilitation Programme Coordinator, the Project Officer will be in charge of the following activities:
- Project coordination:
- In collaboration with the relevant project stakeholders, coordinate all project activities and ensure a timely and qualitative implementation of the project and its budget. This includes the development of terms of references for all project activities in order to have clear common agreement on activities.
- Ensure that there is a good and proactive communication between all stakeholders
- Organize regular meetings with all stakeholders, pro-actively communicate with the stakeholders and monitor the preparation, implementation and reporting of activities.
- Based on the project proposal develop project plans for years 2 – 5 and monitor timely the implementation
- Develop scheduled communication (verbal and written) with the partner regarding the status of implementation of projects’ activities and act accordingly to help and facilitate the resolution of all problems as they may occur.
- Conduct regular monitoring visits as per NUDOR standards;
- Manage and monitor the project budget
- Together with UR, establish yearly national training plans.
- Provide support and advisory to the partner in implementing the project activities and budgets
- Organizing and/or support concerned stakeholders in organizing of project activities (logistic and administrative tasks) for instance organization of trainings, workshops and travel of participants from abroad.
- Reporting and quality management:
- Ensure that all stakeholders are aware about het reporting formats and deadlines and ensure that reports are submitted and provide the necessary information.
- Provide the partner with comprehensive understanding of NUDOR reporting systems for both programme and finance. Emphasis should be given to accountability.
- Provide constructive and quality feedback to the partner if and when necessary;
- On quarterly basis combine all stakeholders reports into a comprehensive report for he donor.
- Ensure that in each report, photos and stories, are shared that can be used for media coverage and fundraising purposes in The Netherlands
- Ensure request of funds are submitted and reviewed in a timely manner
- Ensure that reporting requirements of government authorities are met and permission of activities is received.
- Ensure that NUDOR management is informed of the progress of the project and that any relevant collaborations between other NUDOR projects are followed up
- Ensure that all project data is properly recorded and stored.
- Ensure that processes and procedures organizationally meet the project requirements for proper quality management and implementation of activities/interventions of the project.
- Attend all meetings in Rwanda related to the P&O sector and inform all stakeholders of the project.
- Represent the Liliane Foundation and LIVIT at relevant meetings in Rwanda.
- On quarterly basis combine all stakeholders reports into a comprehensive report for the donor.
- Continuously work on relevant networking and lobby and advocacy.
- Take up any other tasks, related to the project, assigned by the line manager.
PROFESSIONAL AND PERSONAL PROFILE:
- Degree in Prosthetics and Orthotics, or if no degree at least 5 years relevant work experience
- At least two years’ experience in working as a P&O technician
- Experience in working with multiple stakeholders (government and non-government)
- Experience in project management (planning, monitoring and evaluation)
- Experience in working in the field of disability
- Good communication and report writing skills
- Able to work independently and in a team
- Able to take initiative and be flexible
- Able to prioritize work and meet deadlines
- Willingness to travel and work long hours when necessary;
- Experience with an international and/or local NGO. Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to develop and maintain strong cross-cultural professional relationships;
- Willingness to travel and work long hours when necessary;
HOW TO APPLY
You can apply by sending a cover letter, explaining why you think this position suits you, and your CV can be send to firstname.lastname@example.org. Deadline for application is 2 September 2019 at 4pm.
Women and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Done at Kigali on August 23, 2019
NSENGIYUMVA Jean Damascene