An activity of the ‘Inclusive Rwanda for Persons with Disabilities’ project, part of the Ikiraro cy’Iterambere programme
The National Union of Disability Organizations of Rwanda (NUDOR) in partnership with the National Council of Persons with Disabilities (NCPD) and the Voluntary services overseas (VSO), is implementing a project called ‘Inclusive Rwanda for People with Disabilities’ (IRPWD). The overall impact of IRPWD project is to contribute to seeing that ‘Rwanda disability movements work together to influence inclusive policies and programs which promote social inclusion of persons with disabilities.”
Given that NUDOR at the time of the first assessment had piloted District Platforms in only Musanze and Nyanza (the Northern and Southern Province, respectively), where the project started, only those 2 districts will considered by this activity.
Objectives of the activity
- Overall objective
facilitate project actors to work differently and to create change
- Specific objective
To provide assistive devices as a way of demonstrating how PWDs can be facilitated to reach VUP sites and fully participate in the program.
- Expected results
To increase participation of PWDs in VUP programme
- Methodology to use
The Districts have selected the beneficiaries of the assistive devices .
The assessment to ensure the fitness of devices is mandatory; it will be done locally in Musanze and Nyanza districts.
- Task required to the service provider
The service provider will be responsible for the following task:
- Doing the ASSESSIMENT of PWDs as beneficiaries of assistive devices ( prosthesis and orthesis ) to be sure if they fit them (this exercise will be done locally in Musanze and Nyanza Districts)
|Beneficialies of devices||Orthesis||Prosthesis|
- Providing the assistive devices (prosthesis and orthesis) to the beneficiaries ((the exercise will be done locally in Musanze and Nyanza Districts).
- Administrative documents required
The bidder should submit the flowing documents
- Letter of Introduction;
- Registration Certificate issued by RDB;
- VAT Registration Certificate RRA;
- Valid ( 3months) Tax Clearance Certificate issued by Rwanda Revenue Authority;
- Valid (3months) RSSB Clearance Certificate;
- At least three Certificates of Good Completion of similar work;
- Proof of having an Electronic Billing Machine (EBM);
- Having experience of working with PWDs, Disability People Organizations (DPOs), etc…
- Risks & mitigation measures
The risk could be that not all PWDs in need of the assistive devices would be provided due to budget constraint. To overcome this issue, NUDOR presented the budget to the targeted districts’ Authority so that the expectations are not overwhelming.
N.B: The deadline of Bid submission is on 16th September 2019 at 12:00 pm at NUDOR Office located at Kicukiro District, Niboye Sector. The biding document is available at NUDOR Office since 6th September 2019 at NUDOR Office.
Done at Kigali, 6th September, 2019
Prepared by: Approved by:
SURWUMWE Jean Claude NSENGIYUMVA Jean Damascène
Project Manager Executive Secretary
Warning: file_get_contents(https://plusone.google.com/_/+1/fastbutton?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.nudor.org%2Findex.php%2Fterms-of-reference-to-hire-a-firm-to-provide-assistive-devices-to-pwds-in-musanze-and-nyanza-districts%2F): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.0 404 Not Found in /home/nudowkzp/public_html/wp-content/themes/goodnews5/framework/functions/posts_share.php on line 151