Job Title: Project Manager (PM)
Reporting to: Executive Secretary
- NUDOR’s BACKGROUND
Together, NUDOR and its members are working so that persons with disabilities can enjoy the equal rights to which they are entitled. NUDOR’s vision is a society where people with disability enjoy the same human rights and opportunities as other citizens. NUDOR’s mission is to serve as a platform for organizations of People with Disabilities, to share their experience, to express their views and to support them in strengthening their capacities and achievements. NUDOR advocates for the rights and needs of people with disabilities.
The updated strategic plan now covers the period 2015 – 2020 for which three strategic aims have been agreed.
- Representation and accountability: NUDOR is accountable to and effectively represent members’ interests through the delivery of projects and priorities agreed by member organizations, and by facilitating joint working amongst members.
- Capacity building and resource mobilization: NUDOR and its member organizations are strengthened to fulfill its mandates by developing its technical skills, research and insight, sustainability and outreach.
- Advocacy and influencing: NUDOR works to ensure that the needs and rights of all persons with disabilities are recognized by all, mainstreamed in laws and policies at all levels of government, and in programmes of other institutions focusing on areas of education, health and poverty reduction.
NUDOR is currently expanding its communication, campaigning and advocacy team to link our programmatic advocacy both locally and nationally in sequence to give a bigger voice to the people with disabilities we work for.
- Description of the position
NUDOR is recruiting a Project Manager for the project entitled “Promotion of anti-discrimination practices for Persons with Disabilities in Rwanda”. This position will be responsible for the overall implementation of the project activities, such as the preparation of work plans, the organisation of training, advocacy/lobbying meetings, round tables, the organisation of awareness-raising events, the support and monitoring of the work of DPOs and human rights organisations and the achievement of the project objectives. It will also ensure the coordination of partner organisations and compliance with all reporting obligations, and will be responsible for the consolidation of partners’ and local platforms’ activity reports.
The hired Project Manager will be settled in the NUDOR headquarters and work under the supervision of the Executive Secretary of NUDOR. The Project Manager will require 100% working time during the project period ending at 31.12.2022.
- Main duties and responsibilities
- Responsible for the overall management of the project: planning, implementation, coordination, monitoring of the project activities, such as creating work plans, organizing training, advocacy/lobbying meetings, discussion groups (‘Round Table’).
- Undertake outreach and briefings for politicians, officials and government advisers to build strong relationships with the DPOs, Human Right Organizations, government officials, social services providers and other civil society organizations,
- Create opportunities (such as seminars, events and meetings) to enable the Government Officials, Human Rights Organisations, Service Providers and persons with disabilities and partners to contribute to public and political debate on key advocacy issues.
- Liaise with the NUDOR communications team to engage with media, develop communication materials, provid opportunities for the public to learn more about NUDOR’s advocacy work.
- Organizing the project field visits by the donors.
- Responsible for coordination of partner organizations and compliance with the BMZ reporting requirements.
- Responsible for the consolidation of the activity reports from the partners and local platforms.
- Recruitment Criteria
- Open to Rwandan nationals only.
- At least three years’ experience in advocacy projects management.
- A strong knowledge of the Rwandan context with a particular focus on disability rights issues.
- Excellent capacity of spoken and written English, French and Kinyarwanda.
- Relevant university degree in social sciences, project management, development studies, law, political sciences or related field.
- A professional experience of at least 3 years in NGO or civil society organizations.
- Sound knowledge of the Rwandan cultural, economic, political, and social context.
- Strong research and policy analysis experience, preferably on disability related issues.
- Knowledge on International human rights instruments, national and local policy and planning process.
- Positive partnership experience with local and international NGO.
- Skills and abilities
- Strong presentation, writing and negotiation skills, including the ability to elaborate guidance, terms of reference and grant proposals.
- Strong interpersonal and relationships management skills.
- Strong ability of collaboration with a range of stakeholders (Rwandan government institutions, civil society and social service providers) at national and district level.
- Ability to work independently and to be self-managing.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks within deadlines.
- Ability to organize and prioritize own work with limited supervision.
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written).
- Enthusiastic and comfortable with the use of social media.
- Demonstrable ability to communicate at a high level, both verbally and in writing, and capacity to effectively interact with a multiplicity of stakeholders including senior leaders.
- Experience of work as part of an international team.
- Basic financial management skills and able to work within limited resources.
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken); French is an added value.
Submission of applications
Interested candidates with the required profile are invited to submit hard copies of their applications in English including a Curriculum Vitae with three professional references and a cover letter outlining in particular their relevant experience in terms of project management, what motivates them for the job and why they are suitable for the position, as well as relevant supporting documents such as diplomas.
Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply for this position.Application deadline: 31/05/2019 , 11 am, Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Done at Kigali, 15/05/2019
NSENGIYUMVA Jean Damascene
Warning: file_get_contents(https://plusone.google.com/_/+1/fastbutton?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.nudor.org%2Findex.php%2Fterms-of-reference-for-recruitement-project-manager-pm%2F): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.0 404 Not Found in /home/nudowkzp/public_html/wp-content/themes/goodnews5/framework/functions/posts_share.php on line 151