Job title: Capacity Building Officer (CBO)
Reporting to: Project Manager
- NUDOR’s BACKGROUND
Together, NUDOR and its members are working so that persons with disabilities can enjoy the equal rights to which they are entitled. NUDOR’s vision is a society where people with disability enjoy the same human rights and opportunities as other citizens. NUDOR’s mission is to serve as a platform for organizations of People with Disabilities, to share their experience, to express their views and to support them in strengthening their capacities and achievements. NUDOR advocates for the rights and needs of persons with disabilities.
The updated strategic plan now covers the period 2015 – 2020 for which three strategic aims have been agreed.
- Representation and accountability: NUDOR is accountable to and effectively represent members’ interests through the delivery of projects and priorities agreed by member organizations, and by facilitating joint working amongst members.
- Capacity building and resource mobilization: NUDOR and its member organizations are strengthened to fulfill its mandates by developing its technical skills, research and insight, sustainability and outreach.
- Advocacy and influencing: NUDOR works to ensure that the needs and rights of all persons with disabilities are recognized by all, mainstreamed in laws and policies at all levels of government, and in programmes of other institutions focusing on areas of education, health and poverty reduction.
NUDOR is currently expanding its communication, campaigning and advocacy team to link our programmatic advocacy both locally and nationally in sequence to give a bigger voice to the people with disabilities we work for.
- Description of the position
NUDOR is recruiting a Capacity-Building Officer who will contribute to the successful delivery of capacity-building and transnational exchange and learning activities to be implemented within the project entitled:“ “Promotion of anti-discrimination practices for Persons with Disabilities in Rwanda”. The project overall goal is to implement the rights of people with disabilities in Rwanda in accordance with the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities adopted by the UN General Assembly on 13 December 2006, ratified by the Government of Rwanda on 15 December 2008.
In this project, it is expected that an experienced “Capacity Building Officer” will be recruited to enhance the capacity of Persons with Disabilities to effectively influence the promotion of their rights, in order to contribute to the implementation of the United Nations Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities (UNCRPD).
The capacity building officer will support the direct target group and beneficiaries at national, district and community level to improve access to social services of persons with disability, recognize their right and being respected by the community.
He/she will also to deliver and meet the project objectives. The recruited staff will receive governance and management coaching and guidance from the Project Manager. The Capacity Building Officer in collaboration with the NUDOR monitoring officer will develop monitoring tool to capture the project progress.
The hired Capacity Building Officer will be settled in the NUDOR headquarters and work under the supervision of the Project Manager. He /She will require require 100% working time during the project period ending at 31.12.2022.
- Main duties and
- Strategic Development of Capacity Building for the project implementation
- Contributing to the identification of needs for capacity-building actions through needs assessment and analysis.
- Participating in baseline analysis of existing. policies and programs towards international human rights conventions and treaties.
- Contributing to the design of the capacity-building strategy and coordinating all works on strategic aspects of capacity building.
- Contributing to the design of capacity building tools and actions (e.g. national training seminars, policy analysis, preparatory meetings with selected service providers, etc.).
- Delivery of Capacity Building Activities
- Coordinating the organization and delivery of the capacity building actions (eg. organizing training for DPOs, Human Right Organizations, government officials, social services providers and other civil society organizations.
- Strengthening the capacities of DPOs and HROs to monitor and promote the integration of international human rights instruments, rwandan rights of people with disabilities and local policies
- Strengthening the cooperation between DPOs and Rwandan government institutions in promoting the rights of persons with disabilities.
- Strengthening the capacity for cooperation between DPOs and HROs.
- Conducting evaluation of capacity-building activities with participation of the beneficiaries.
- Maintaining an
archive of key documents and keeping records concerning capacity building
activities for reporting purposes.
- Transnational Exchange and Learning Activities
In addition to the tasks linked to Capacity Building:
- He/She will contribute to the development and delivery of transnational networking activities like linking with other advocacy organizations for synergy.
- He/She will assist in the design of call for proposals and other related documents for the creation of networks and extension of this project to other Districts.
- He/She will contribute to the project evaluation process through participation in meetings and analysis of achieved results.
- Supporting the
NUDOR Fundraising and Networking Manager in the monitoring of network
activities through surveys, analysis of reports and network results.
- Project Implementation and reporting
- Responsible of organizing and implementing activities related to the capacity building of project target group and beneficiaries.
- Contribute to the production of quartely and annual narrative reports in accordance with CBM and BMZ requirements.
- Collect relevant data to be included in the quartely and annual implementation reports.
- Contribute to the implementation, monitoring and reporting of the Project and the evaluation plan.
- Collect sucess stories based on advocacy actions.
- Recruitment Criteria
- Open to Rwandan nationals only.
- At least three years’ experience in capacity building on human rights, advocacy or related field.
- A strong knowledge of the Rwandan context with a particular focus on disability rights issues.
- Excellent capacity of spoken and written English, French and Kinyarwanda.
- Relevant university degree in social sciences, project management, political sciences or related field.
- Significant work experience related to capacity-building with concrete involvement in the design/ delivery of capacity-building related advocacy activities, preferably targeted local authorities, marginalized groups
- Experience in transnational networking.
- Experience of working with government officials at local and national level or any organization involved in advocacy and policy analysis, as well as lobbying activities.
- Good knowledge and understanding of multi-level governance dynamics.
- Experience in working with Disability People Organisations.
- Skills and abilities
- Strong presentation, writing and negotiation skills, including the ability to elaborate guidance, terms of reference and grant proposals.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks within deadlines.
- Ability to organize and prioritize own work with limited supervision.
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written).
- Enthusiastic and comfortable with the use of social media.
- Demonstrable ability to communicate at a high level, both verbally and in writing, and capacity to effectively interact with a multiplicity of stakeholders including senior leaders.
- Experience of work as part of an international team.
- Basic budgetary skills and able to work within limited resources.
- Fluency in English (both written and spoken); French is an added value.
Submission of Applications
Interested candidates with the required profile are invited to submit hard copies of their applications in English including a Curriculum Vitae with three professional references and a cover letter outlining in particular their relevant experience in terms of capacity building, what motivates them for the job and why they are suitable for the position, as well as relevant supporting documents such as diplomas.
Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply for this position.Application deadline: 31/05/2019 , 11 am, Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Done at Kigali, 15/05/2019
NSENGIYUMVA Jean Damascene
Warning: file_get_contents(https://plusone.google.com/_/+1/fastbutton?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.nudor.org%2Findex.php%2Fterms-of-reference-for-recruitement-capacity-building-officer-cbo%2F): failed to open stream: HTTP request failed! HTTP/1.0 404 Not Found in /home/nudowkzp/public_html/wp-content/themes/goodnews5/framework/functions/posts_share.php on line 151