After the data collection, the data entry and data analysis done from 2016 which left the individual report in place, media and systemic monitoring reports which were later all compiled to have a Holistic report in place also to be used as source of information for the parallel report purpose. In 2017, it has planned to finalize and present the parallel report before submission to Geneva, unfortunately, the report wasn’t submitted and the intended recommendations weren’t getting. It is from that point that, the recommendations and hot issues highlighted from the Holistic report were used in the advocacy purpose (as feedback or results) especially from the districts where data have been collected, as well at national level from different institutions.
Through this activity, it was an opportunity to create the NUDOR Platforms at district level in all 6 districts where data have been collected, in which they will be NUDOR Focal point and responsible to make follow up and involved in the implementation or address of the “Hot issues” and recommendations highlighted during the data collection & Analysis. Apart from creation of Platform, we used also to meet with district officials with different positions and present to them the individual report from the data analysis through these discussions with officials some strategies and commitments from them were taken to address the issues highlighted. As it was planned and done at district level same as it has planned at national level where some officials from government institutions were met.
Briefly, the Parallel report has finished for the 2nd time as draft in the hands of key experts making comments and inputs not later than January 2018; The final report is planned to be submitted not later than March 2018 because as it scheduled on CRPD Calendar of 2018, Rwanda is planned to be reviewed 2018.
- Application of the DRPI Tools in the Parallel report development and drafting
- Key monitors from MO’s well trained and involved in data collection, analysis, entry who will be used in data collection and human right monitoring
- Production of the Individual report which includes the “Hot issues” commonly affecting pwd’s
- Round table meetings with district officials (decision makers) discussing on the hot issues highlighted during the data collection and it should be addressed
- Establishment of the Platforms who are mainly assigned monitor and advocate for the hot issues highlighted and following up its implementations
- Using the data collection in parallel report drafting as evidence based
- Discussions with key relevant institutions on the recommendations from the Holistic report and IPAR research recommendations on the Gap analysis of the level of inclusion of disability issues (as stated in the SDGs and CRPD) into national development programs
- After the establishment of platforms in 6 districts where data have been collected got the training on advocacy.
Some Pictures from implementation of DRF Project.