Under financial support from MyRight (empowers persons with disabilities) and Liliane Foundation through Community Based Rehabilitation (CBR) Programme that is currently implemented by NUDOR; NUDOR organized three days training (from 16th to 18th April 2019) on fundraising and marketing/ Branding, and the training was held at the Hotel Saint Andre Kabgayi in the district of Muhanga.
During the official opening of the training, Mr. BIZIMANA Dominique, the Chairperson of NUDOR Board of Directors thanked the participants for their presence and he said briefly on the aim of the training and the great importance of the content of the training, he finally said that at the end of the training the participants should be able to summarize what it needs to write call for proposal for their respective organizations they are representing.
The objectives of the training were:
- To strengthen NUDOR Member Organizations (MOs) with skills on fundraising and marketing
- To equip with knowledge on how they can create their brand and image of their organizations
- To strengthen MOs how to maintain strong relationship with their donors/partners
- To strengthen MOs with skills on local institutional fund mobilization
- To support MOs on how to develop projects and call for proposals
Facilitator showed all about branding image and reputation
he emphasized on how an organization can build good images and reputations through right branding and typical examples were given by demonstrating some, also told them how they can start to create the brand of their organizations through it is long process but need determination.
After the training, participants from members organizations appreciated all explanation and committed to step forward in the process of implementing all what they learned in the training by improving clear mission of their respective organizations, creating their organization brand, develop projects and continuous mobilize more resources (funds) to their organizations
Some recommendations from the training:
- Participants recommended to NUDOR to think on how to organize fair exhibitions of showing to the community different talents of Persons with Disabilities (PwDs) to inspire and change mindset of those among the Rwandan community who still have negative mind set to PwDs.
- For the success to mobilize funds at national level, participants recommended to NUDOR to inform and know in advance the real period of planning for the targeted institutions/companies, so that the request of funds should be submitted before the planning period.
- Participants recommended to NUDOR to think how to work on its brand name as the brand name plays a big role in promoting the visibility & recognition of organization in fund mobilization.